The WZB invites applications for the position of a
(Reference SHK POLDI)
for a short-term research project on role of trade agreements in Internet governance, led by Dr. Julia Pohle in cooperation with the WZB Global Governance Unit and the University of Oxford. The Student Assistant will be based in the WZB research group “The Politics of Digitalization” (group leader: Prof Dr Jeanette Hofmann).
The position is available from 15 March 2020 for a period of 9 months, with a weekly working load of 10-15 hours.
- Research, systematization and analysis of academic literature, trade agreements and position papers by political and economic actors
- Assisting the preparation of academic presentations and publications
- Assisting in administrative duties related to organising a project workshop
- General duties of a student assistant
- Studying international political economy, political science, communication studies, law or a related discipline (3rd year or later)
- Knowledge of and interest in Internet governance, digital policy, platform governance and/or international trade
- Excellent ability to read, analyse and systematize academic literature
- Experience with the preparation of academic publications and presentations is preferred
- Very good knowledge of English; good knowledge of German is an advantage
- Ability to work thoroughly and independently
Remuneration: TV Stud III (Berlin)
Equally well qualified disabled persons will be given preference. We value diversity and welcome all applications - regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic or social origin, religion, disability, age or sexual orientation. The WZB explicitly encourages women and people with an immigrant background to apply.
Please, submit your written application in German or English (in electronic form only, as one single PDF-file), including relevant documents (letter of interest, CV and a university transcript) and quoting the reference No. SHK POLDI in the subject line, by 24 February 2020 to:
Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin für Sozialforschung gGmbH
niklas.weber [at] wzb.eu