Three Student Assistants
The WZB Berlin Social Science Center, research area International Politics and Law, research unit Global Governance (Director: Prof. Dr. Michael Zürn), seeks
three Student Assistants
to be employed for a period of 12 months, starting from 01 May 2017 earliest, with possibility of extension and a weekly working load of up to 15 hours.
- Support of scientific work, such as literature research, data collection and processing, providing content-related input for publications, as well as editorial work.
- Advanced Bachelor’s or early Master’s student in International Relations, Political Science, Sociology, or a related discipline,
- Very good course achievements,
- Sound knowledge of MS Office applications,
- Very good command of written and spoken English,
- Previous experience with, or interest in, data collection, processing, and management (e.g., in Excel, STATA, R, or SPSS).
- Knowledge of theories of International Relations,
- Knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research methods,
- Previous experience with systematic text analysis,
- Experience with reference management software (e.g., Citavi, EndNote).
Salary: In accordance with German civil service standards (TV Stud II; currently € 11.24 per hour).
Disabled candidates with equal qualifications will be given preference.
The WZB expressly invites women, as well as persons with migration background, to apply.
Candidates are kindly requested to send their applications (letter of motivation, CV, copies of relevant certificates and transcript of records) per e-mail, in the form of one single PDF file, no later than 18 April 2017 to: Antonia Kroll, antonia [dot] kroll [at] wzb [dot] eu
WZB Berlin Social Science Center, Reichpietschufer 50, 10785 Berlin